Our upcycling* programs need your throwaways! Items that you donate can become captivating and creative learning tools.
The Child Creativity Lab will gladly accept business overstock, production scraps, samples and seconds, as well as excess from individual craft closets/cabinets, art studio cleanouts, sewing room stashes, etc.
REDUCE, REUSE, UPCYCLE!
Help us keep the landfills free from perfectly usable materials. The CCL relies on bulk material donations by organizations and individuals in and around the community for the following:
- To repurpose for the CCL Makerspace-on-Wheels educational activities for students in pre-K through 6th grade in the Orange County region.
- To distribute to teachers and other educators for purposes of their own educational projects.
TYPES OF MATERIAL DONATIONS
We accept most donations. All materials must be clean. These are the types of donations that we are looking for:
- Bulk production scraps
- Business overstock
- Product samples or seconds
- Craft/art supplies
- Hard plastic bottles, containers, caps, lids, toys, etc.
There are only a few items that we currently do not accept (due to lack of storage, surplus of items, or hygiene restrictions):
- Fabric sample swatches / scraps
- Books / magazines / paper
- Cardboard / boxes
- Packaging (breakable) foam
If you have materials to donate, please contact the Child Creativity Lab at (714) 352-4380, or email us.